As the owner of Accent Building Co./Accent Kitchens, I hold a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Rhode Island Business School with a major in Production Management. I started in the construction trades by paying my way through college working as a carpenter’s helper, cabinetmaker, furniture builder and mason’s laborer. Since then I have held many prominent construction positions.
• CAD Draftsman – The Kagan Company Architects
• Clerk Of The Works – New Haven Housing Authority ($21M renovation project)
• Project Manager – High profile commercial construction company
• Construction Administrator – Fletcher Thompson Architects
• Professional Construction Consultant - Several projects in excess of $33M (Public and Private commercial projects)
• General Contractor/Project Manager/Owner- Over 15 years working on Residential and commercial construction projects
I started and grew my general building construction and remodeling business into a successful company handling a multitude of projects. Some notable projects include:
• A 40 acre custom home subdivision
• 33,000 sq. ft. business park development
• Finish millwork for a historic restoration project at Weslyan University
• Framing for a new science building at Kingswood-Oxford prep school
• Framing for several apartment and condominium projects
• Rough and finish carpentry for several restaurants – Outback, Chili’s, Crispy Cream Donuts, On the Boarder and more.
• Hilton Garden Inn and Studio Plus Hotels, framing and cabinetry
• Multiple Dental and Business Office fit-ups, various schools and government projects
• Multiple custom homes
• Hundreds of kitchen and remodeling projects
• Several Real Estate ventures and property flips
With over 25 years of experience in the industry, all projects are produced with a commitment to exceptional design, quality and style while taking advantage of the latest improvements in building products and technology. I also enjoy embracing an opportunity to add the beauty and benefits of reclaimed and repurposed materials to projects.